The State Of Retailing Online 2011: Marketing, Social, and Mobile report conducted by Forrester Research Inc. is out and here are the key takeaways:
- 91 percent of retailers currently have a mobile strategy in place or in development (up from 74 percent a year ago).
- 72 percent of retailers say they will increase their spending on social networks this year over last year.
- Retailers report that 21 percent of all mobile traffic is coming from tablets.
- 48 percent of retailers report having a mobile-optimized Web site; 35 percent have deployed an iPhone app; and 15 percent offer an Android app and an iPad app.
- 62 percent of retailers said the returns on social marketing strategies are unclear, and nearly the same percentage said the primary ROI from social marketing is listening to and gaining a better understanding of customers.
This research begs the question: is your iPad app ready yet?